Have Your Voice Heard - Make Your Experience Count
The Association of Participating Service Users (APSU) is the peak Victorian consumer body for people who use, have used, or are eligible to use alcohol and other drug (AOD) services, including family members and significant others impacted by AOD issues.
Become an APSU member for free and receive:
- Flipside, our twice-yearly magazine by and for consumers.
- Training to utilise your lived experience.
- Opportunities for paid participation in research, policy-making and service design.
- Invitations to community forums and events.
- Regular chances to contribute your voice to the debate as a paid podcast guest, magazine contributor and event speaker.
- Notice of relevant employment vacancies and policy developments.
Please consider joining our community – have your voice heard, make your experience count.
What We Do
We believe that people who use AOD services have a wealth of knowledge and experience – their needs, strengths and expertise should drive the system.
APSU is a vehicle for the consumer voice, ensuring that the opinions, ideas and experiences of people who use AOD services can contribute to policy, research, service provision and professional development.
We are guided by our consumer membership and advisory committee in working with service providers and government bodies to promote and incorporate lived experience perspectives across the sector.
Our training and educational resources empower individuals to shape the debate around AOD issues and help affected others.
Become a member today and stay informed about our activities.